Stunting is a condition where a child's growth and development are impaired, resulting in shorter height than the average for their age. It is primarily caused by inadequate nutrition, especially during the critical early years of life, and can have long-term consequences for both physical and cognitive development.
IMPACTS OF STUNTING
- Higher risk of diabetes & cancer disease
- Weakened immune systems
- Reduced lifetime earnings when they reach adult age
- Slow brain development causing Lower IQs
- Lower educational attainment
- Protein / Essential Amino Acids: Found in animal protein. For Repairing, Maintaining, and Building New Body Tissues, Especially During Childhood Growth.
- Vitamin A: For Bone Growth, Vision, Protection against Infections.
- Zinc: For Activating Growth Hormones & Supporting The Immune System.
- Heme-Iron: Only found in based foods. For Producing red blood cells that are essential for distributing oxygen troughout the body.